Blogging Services – First Results
After playing with several of free and commercial blog hosting services, here are some results:
- WordPress – currently primary blog, will keep it. I may decide to host a WordPress-based blog myself in the future. It looks like
- TypePad – very powerful, I am tempted to keep it for $4.95/month – still have 5 days to decide whether to keep it. By the way, I have found a very nice template there – Curves Blue – which I happen to like the most from all the templates for all the services I tried so far…
- Vox – will probably keep it for now, but I am not sure if I will ever start using it. I like some of its community features like list of books, etc. but I do not like its heavy layout and ads that I do not control. I may want to play with it for some more time, especially since it shares some features with its bigger brother – TypePad.
- Blogger – will keep it (since it is free) but probably would not use it. Even though it has the cleanest interface of all the services I tried, it is also the most limited in its features – for example, it is not possible to import posts, etc.
- Blogsome – was deleted today without hesitation: it has absolutely no advantages over a regular WordPress-based blog (including a free WordPress.com-hosted blog)